SURFACE TECHNOLOGY FOR RUBBER, TPE & PLASTICS
PERFECT SURFACES DIRECTLY AFTER INJECTION!
SURCO is the trade name for a high-quality surface treatment for rubber, TPE and plastic molds. The technology enables individual surface structures and also offers improvements for the injection molding process.
The roughness of the structures ranges from Ra 0.10 μm to 9 μm (see VDI 15-39). Sample plates are available from us in various materials such as EPDM, TPE or PP. The gloss level can be adjusted according to customer requirements. Due to the positive effects on the flowability of the injection material and the easier demoulding of the products, the SURCO technique is often used for optical reasons as well as for functional reasons.
Properties and benefits
Proved and released in automotive applications for years
- Gloss level can be influenced (matt, satin…)
- 10% increase of surface hardness
- Increase of corrosion resistance
- Extended mold lifetime
- Improved resistance to thermal and mechanical wear
- Less contamination by eliminating micro cracks and undercuts
- Easy to clean in combination with a laser- or dry ice systems
- Decrease of friction between injection material and steel
- Less sticking, better product release
- Improved material flow
- Lower cycle times
Depending on material, injection point and customer tolerance, a SURCO treatment can last up to 100,000 cycles without being renewed. Send us your molds or inserts or we will visit you in your company with the SURCO Truck for an “in-house” treatment (recommended if several large tools are to be coated at the same time).